CO-OP STOP AUSTRALIA
Group bulk buying scheme
Mission: To enable community members to buy high quality health food at wholesale prices for personal use.
HOW TO JOIN AND WHERE TO START
1. Register with Co-op Stop Australia by emailing Suzi at email@example.com. Details she will need are:
- Contact numbers
- How you found out about us
- Products you are interested in buying that are NOT in the current health food price list.
- Confirmation that you have read the conditions of membership and agree to follow them http://co-opstop.blogspot.com.au/ By joining the Co-op you agree to the info and conditions given at the bottom of the blog. Breaching these conditions will cancel your membership.
2. How to order
- Co-op members will receive an email from Suzi notifying the next purchase period and payment close date, plus any special offers etc. Order form and price list will be attached. Total is calculated automatically on the form and includes the 10% co-op charge and pickup fee).
- This email will be sent roughly quarterly - ie first two weeks of Nov, Feb, May and August - within school terms.
- Orders will be accepted in roughly the last two weeks of the month (ie purchase period stated above); when we receive your emailed order we'll reply with confirmation. If your order isn't received by c.o.b on the cut off date your order will not be included.
- Payments by bank transfer or direct deposit will be accepted up until the last day of the payment close date. If you make an online transfer on the last day, email the bank receipt number and total amount and name to us so we know it's coming.
- Each co-op is different, the larger areas, most dry goods come in 5kg/12.5kg sizes, though you can request to split amounts with others if you wish. Other areas accept small packet order. If you do wish to split an item, it must be organised amongst yourselves, with one person paying and picking it up.
- You will be emailed again when the goods are ready to pick up, and you must collect within two days unless other arrangements have been made with the person accepting the delivery.
- Expect to be able to help if you want to! No obligation, but always nice to have offers.
3. Keep in touch. In between the quarterly orders, sometimes there may be an interim order for two reasons.
1. Eager beavers, desperate for something. If you want something in between orders, liaise with Suzi who may be able to help firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The minimum amount for an order is around 100kilos/approx $500. If the minimum isn't reached then it won't go ahead. Logistical costs are shared and automatically generated on the order spreadsheet.
4. FEES - There are no annual or joining fees.
- Handling charge – 10% of order. This 10% covers time, effort and costs incurred. Any surplus from this or the logistical costs will be added to building a float for further bulk purchases that have to be paid for in advance (ie Honey, water tubs etc). This also keeps our long standing volunteer managers happy to be with us and helping! A small gift of gratitude that ensures the sustainability of our organisation. Since we are saving approx 60% on goods, this is a very small ask.
- Logistical costs - Again, this differs according to your area, though logistical costs will be charged per kilo and automatically generated on your order spreadsheet.
5. From YOU
- Refer to conditions of membership http://co-opstop.blogspot.com.au/
- Contribute the requested amount for logistical costs and 10% Co-op fee.
- There are no annual or joining fees.
There isn't really much expected, other than to be courteous, abide by the conditions of membership, and you may be asked to pick up a friend's order or a neighbour’s if you're able. The name of the Co-op Stop can be a little misleading; we are more of a service, a community scheme that welcomes offers of help. We understand that there isn't much time to spare for young families or those with disabilities or special needs. If however you are able to lend a hand at some point, please let us know.
I look forward to hearing from all of you!
EMAIL me at email@example.com to join your local co-op distribution list.
FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO STORE YOUR GOODS LONG TERM, CLICK HERE.