Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Grain Mills



Over the past few months I've had a few people express their interest in Grain Mills. So ofcourse, I've done my research and signed the co-op up with a distributor.

We have a special registration number for Skippy Grain Mills for online orders (SR0036), but if we order together in one go, the delivery cost will be minimized.

My personal favourite is the Schnitzer Country, which is a hand grain mill and can also be fitted up to a pulley for a bike.

I'm not one for grinding my own wheat - which is why I store so much flour, but when flour lasts up to 5years in a foil pouch and grain lasts 30+, it makes sense to invest in a grinder.

I had a go at the Country mill (above) at the last Organic Expo in Sydney, I was really surprised to find that the handle just swishes around with hardly any effort (less than winding up and down my old hills hoist out the back!).

Check out the site and the demo videos of the Schnitzer mills - which is my humble opinion are the best.

This is not going to be a fast "order and pay" type thing. Take your time researching what you really want.