Monday, 31 December 2007

Happy Birthday & New Year

Every New Year's eve is my husband's birthday, so he gets a day full of his favourite things plus fireworks at the end!My present to him was his favourite.. cinnamon rolls! After they're cooked I take them out and turn them upside down so the gooey cinnamon caramel is on top.


I finally got the knack of plaiting onions to hang them up to dry. They blush when drying out - which jogged my memory.. they're French shallots! The name "potato onions" had me baffled for a while there.

In the end we had picked approx 6kilos of carrots and 3kilos of shallots. We still have a few more to pick from another patch in the garden.



I've been trying to figure out the recipe for these savoury nibbles made by Duchy Originals they're my favourite. I think I have the taste right, but I end up with a yummy biscuit instead of a crumbly crunchy "nibble". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Apparently it took them 18months to perfect the recipe, so I don't think I've got much hope of getting it right anytime soon.